Discovery Education STEM Connect

a brand new Discovery education initiative – STEM Connect

One of the really exciting things about Discovery Education is that there is always something new. Today, I went on the Discovery Education Twitter feed to look for a topic to write about for my daily blog challenge (31 Days of Posting). I discovered something new – STEM connect. I don’t know anything about this, so let’s do some exploring.

First, I uploaded the introductory video – Discovery Education’s video material is always excellent and the videos continue to be a great place to start your learning about DE features. Here it is:

Right off the top, I am interested in what Dr Cindy Moss is saying about giving students something real to work on like finding a solution to supplying clean drinking water to everyone. This is real inquiry and this is what our students should be doing in class and at home in a seamless learning environment.

When I work on Science Techbook material, there is always an emphasis on linking material to STEM careers and on-going work on how science is having an impact on life right now. STEM Connect is doing the same thing, connecting to the Now.

I can’t emphasize enough how important this is to educators. Teachers and students need to have access to excellent curated material that is relevant and up to date. Teachers will use this material if they have access to it.

It’s all about being curious about the world around you and what you can do to make this world a better place.

Here is the challenge, you can sign up right now for a 60-day free trial.

I will be writing more about this new initiative in the following days. The material is exciting and it links directly to our world. Here is a quick screenshot.

Lots of great things to explore!